Welcome

It is a pleasure to welcome you to my blog "Creative Entertainment Productions". My hope is to have an interesting conversation about creativity and the power of brainstorming to help inspire innovation. We will explore new and interesting entertainment elements including the use of new media platforms to inform and identify trends. Finally, we will take a closer look at stage and television productions and discuss new presenting ideas as well as technologies. These topics are a passion of mine and I hope you find the conversation interesting.

About Me

My photo
My entire life has been filled with a passion for the performing arts. I graduated in Communications and General Business at Western Michigan University. After college, I travelled to Chicago and performed in several summerstock theatre productions across the United States. I performed in the National Tour of The Pajama Game, and sang for Gaylord Entertainment's Fiesta Texas in San Antonio. After moving to New York City I became a Manager for several Shubert Broadway Theatres. Finally, I moved to Orlando, Florida to work as a Production Assistant for Walt Disney Entertainment. My current role is Producer for The Disney Event Group. We produce corporate entertainment events. I am on the Board of Directors for the Garden Theatre in Winter Garden, Florida. I am a voting member of the National Academy of Recording Arts and Sciences. My future plans include graduating with my Masters degree in Entertainment Business at Full Sail University and developing creative entertainment content for television and emerging media platforms.

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Fusing ideas together to create compelling entertainment


Recently I have been thinking of fusing entertainment together to create something fresh and exciting.  I believe this idea of merging two things together can lead to innovation.  This was brought to my attention by an article I read regarding a classical ballet company that collaborated with a Hip Hop musical group.  The ballet company had a desire to attract a new audience to their productions.  These two worlds seemed to be at odds with each other.  However, the creativity from each group blended together to create a compelling performance.  The result was something that increased the visibility and profitability of both groups. 
So I jumped on the Internet to see if I could find other entertainment companies who are doing similar things to stimulate interesting entertainment.  In my quest, I found an interesting video called “Creating a Culture of Innovation”.  It is an interview from Harvard Business Publishing with David Kester, the Chief Executive Officer of Design Council.  Although the video does not talk specifically about entertainment, it has ideas that we can use to help us create a culture of innovation in our work. 
Kester believes that leaders must do two things to build innovation within the workplace.  First, they must create a culture of innovation.  This must come from the leaders at the top.  Communication about innovation is key and should be delivered regularly to all employees.  Leaders must take the fear out of it so that individuals feel compelled to communicate their ideas.  Second, he discussed that habits must be developed to build innovation.  Everyone must understand these habits and develop them to increase the culture of innovation. He talks about how you should hire talent and look for individuals with different ideas.  Often when you introduce outside individuals to your organization, this leads to the connecting of fresh ideas and new possibilities.
I wonder what interesting things we can blend together to create entertainment that is unique and creative.  Do you have any innovative ideas that you would like to share?

References:

From: 



No comments:

Post a Comment